TWIP Forums
  Home Forum Help Search Members Login Register   **

Last 10 Shouts:
October 20, 2014, 03:43:27 AM
Hey fabricatey guys:
July 27, 2014, 05:58:00 PM
GT legends YAY!!!
May 14, 2014, 02:22:20 AM
IS there anyway to change the order of mny devices?
May 13, 2014, 03:59:14 AM
argh, i have six devices plugged in.
May 11, 2014, 07:29:32 AM
Hi Lei, SimBin games can detect a maximum of 3 devices. The devices should be all recognised as the first 3 devices in Windows. That's my understanding.
May 09, 2014, 04:02:08 PM
USB* devices
May 09, 2014, 04:01:52 PM
Does GTLegends have a limit on us devices? Fired it up again and I cant get it to recognize my csp pedals with my t500 wheel.
May 03, 2014, 04:01:45 AM
Apparently he launched into an attack on ISR's site and Youtube and later removed his comments to cover up. Normal for darin.
    Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
      Print  
    Author Topic: New Porsche wheel for PS3 and PC  (Read 9356 times)
    speedyK
    Gameboy advanced

:

Incurable petrolhead

View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 11:19:57 PM »

Interesting. That review's two main criticisms are:

– the flimsy mounting of the shifter using the bars to the wheel – but the shifter also has a bolt thread in the base for stable mounting in a cockpit, I believe, so that's not a problem. The short length of the connecting cable should not be ahrd to solve either.

– the flimsy nature of the pedals. He tested the original pedals. looks to me like the optional Clubman metal pedal set answers all his demands.

Light is right!
    speedyK
    Gameboy advanced

:

Incurable petrolhead

View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 02:00:40 AM »

Whoah!

They've got a new über version – aimed at PC gamers but compatible with PS3 (just doesn't have the buttons on the wheel that the other Fanatec wheels do.

This looks superb!

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=230&lang=en

I must say I think it's a bit much that they push with a special "order now for Spring '09" on the other wheels and then announce this afterwards. I would have been pissed off if I'd just ordered the other. Looks like Fanatec need to get a bit more professional in their marketing or they will not succeed.

Light is right!
    Petrolhead
    TWIP Legend

:

JHB 484

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 02:44:39 AM »

Licensing. LOL.

Den.
    lei1634
    Gameboy advanced

:

View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 03:35:36 AM »

jawdrop  sign me up..been looking for a different wheel and i love the pedals...dont know if the other ones have them but the pedals have ABS vibration in them...couldnt find a price though

toker
    Petrolhead
    TWIP Legend

:

JHB 484

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 03:53:53 AM »

'cept we always turn the abs off. LOL.

I'll be quite happy just to get a G-25

Den.
    AlarmedBread
    Twipping

:

View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 10:42:40 AM »

I'm very tempted by this wheel. Not sure if I want the pedals or not, and they sell just the GT3 wheel which is priced very nicely. At any rate it looks to be at least on par with a G25, with two very good improvements, you don't have to buy the crappy pedals or shifter with it to get the wheel! My DFP is getting a little long in the gears so it's time to upgrade.  Grin
    theChamp
    The Way I Playboy

:

View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 11:32:32 AM »

Do bear in mind that it's just the wheel, so you'd still need to buy a shifter(whether it's the Fanatec one or a standalone one like the SST Lightning) and considering you own a DFP, you'd need a proper set of pedals too (clubsport or G25). 
    Jarkko Rantajoki
    The Way I Playboy

:

View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 02:32:09 PM »

Im really interested in the one that works with PC, Xbox360 and you can use G25 pedals with it.. im not so sure if id like to preorder though.. gonna have to wait until september and pay now.. so im gonna wait bit more until i order one.. i need a wheel for xbox and this one seems the first proper wheel i will consider buying.. i have no interest in the pos wheels it has atm.

Intel Core i7 4770k | Phanteks PH-TC12DX | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H
    Kingston HyperX 16GB 2400MHz DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming
    Sound Blaster Z | Corsair TX750W | Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White
    Razer Carcharias & Goliathus control | LG 42lm620t | samsung t27c350ew
    Logitech Z506 | Logitech mx518 & G27 | Focusrite 2i2
    Roland A-49 | Shure C606
    SJ_DRokK
    Gameboy

:

View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 04:11:29 PM »

are that still wireless? surely there's some delay if they are  question
    lei1634
    Gameboy advanced

:

View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »

the 911GT3RS isnt wireless,  thats the wheel im going to get.  I wont have to use the crappy porsche shifter because of my sst and im going to use my same pedals.  Just the wheel is only $169 US which is pretty cheap

toker
    AlarmedBread
    Twipping

:

View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: March 01, 2009, 11:34:42 PM »

Do bear in mind that it's just the wheel, so you'd still need to buy a shifter(whether it's the Fanatec one or a standalone one like the SST Lightning) and considering you own a DFP, you'd need a proper set of pedals too (clubsport or G25). 

I realize that, but thanks for the heads up. I already have a shifter and pedals which are good, but I'm going to get the clubsport kit and send pedals friend who wants them I think (well, that is if I don't end up liking them!) What I meant is it's great that you can buy just what you want, you don't need to get a whole kit with a toy shifter and pedals if you don't want it. 
    Tysmyster
    Administrator
    Totally Twipping Balls

:

Topic starter

View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 04:56:50 PM »

I'm curious as to whether you can use your G25 pedals with this GT3RS wheel. That would be nice.

Enhancing my game experience with:

-Sanyo PLV-Z2000 1080p projector
    -Trackir 5
    -Thrustmaster T500RS Wheel
    -Logitech G5 Mouse
    -Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Joystick
    -Other cool stuff.
    lei1634
    Gameboy advanced

:

View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 06:26:37 PM »

you can,  I emailed them and he confirmed it

toker
    Tysmyster
    Administrator
    Totally Twipping Balls

:

Topic starter

View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 06:52:05 PM »

oh cool!

Enhancing my game experience with:

-Sanyo PLV-Z2000 1080p projector
    -Trackir 5
    -Thrustmaster T500RS Wheel
    -Logitech G5 Mouse
    -Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Joystick
    -Other cool stuff.
    Meurig
    Day Twipper

View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: September 14, 2010, 01:17:24 AM »

I'ver been asked to post my thoughts on my Porsche Turbo S Wheel that i got just about 4 days ago.

First some background on where i come from.

I started racing with Toca Touring Cars 2 from codemasters many years ago. I used a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel which i used to think was awesome. Then i got my DFP quite a few years ago (before your spangly g25/27 were even thought of) and i thought it was astonishing. In fact i used it right up to now when i bought my Fanatec. I played the Race series mainly with some Rfactor for good measure. I also got corrupted to a console by the mighty Forza 2 buying the frankly poor Microsoft Xbox wheel to play with.

As you can see whilst i been sim racing a while i have never really owned a top, top quality wheel... Until now.

My previously preferred wheel, the DFP had pretty strong forces and out of habit i used to crank them up assuming that would be better. Consequently i found it difficult to make quick inputs on the wheel. Whilst playing Forza i got used to a very light wheel and realised i preferred my wheel that way to allow quick inputs.

If i am honest, when i first fired up the Fanatec i was dissapointed. If felt leaden and stiff. Whilst it was definately precise, making quick adjustments seemed impossible and i was constantly missing corners as i couldn't turn in in time. I just presumed it was because it was a belt drive instead of gear driven.

I started to trawl forums looking for settings or information on how to improve the feel of the wheel. How to make it lighter, how to make it more responsive.. in short how to make me like it.

It didn't take long before i found the "drift" setting on the wheel. Whilst i guess the reason for this setting is obvious to most people what it does for me when i put it on a max of 5 (with the new firmware) is basicaly takes away all damping from the wheel leaving it loose to turn but precise and accurate.

It has transformed my appreciation of this wheel. Force Feedback is smooth and consistent making me more confident of what the car is doing. There is no vibration from gears as it uses a belt and while I know some people like the feel of the gears it took me no time at all to fully appreciate how much more i can feel through the wheel without the distraction of the gear vibration.

It is truly a great wheel which allows great control and precise positioning of a car. I feel no embarassment saying that if you can afford this wheel you likely won't be disappointed with it.

There are a couple of small issues that are not perfect.
    The paddle shifters are sufficient only. They are basically buttons with small metal extensions, not full and proper shaped paddles as on the g25. They work absolutely fine but the feel of them is not great.

Also I worry that the connectors for the wheel stick out the side of the wheel instead of being at the back of the wheel semi protected. My youngest daughter has already tried to have a wiggle of the connectors as they are quite accessible.

My other beef is not with the wheel itself but with Fanatecs pricing policy. An extra 20 euros for metal paddle shifter extensions and an extra 50 euros for the sequential and H shifter package. The wheel is not cheap becuase of the porsche and microsoft licensing and then to add an extra 70 euros seems a little extravagant especially when compared to a g27. However ultimately Fanatec is a business and who am i to dictate their business policy. I still bought the wheel anyway so clearly their policy is working!

Conclusion
    The Fanatec Porsche Turbo S Wheel is a lot of money, but you are getting a lot of wheel for that money. I reckon the g27 is likely to be a better wheel "out of the box" however with just a short amount of tweaking (upgrade the firmware to 669, set your rotation, drift mode and feedback settings as you desire) and you have a wheel to compete with the best. I love it and now i have it i would be devastated if anything happened to it as i know i can't afford to replace it!

It's a great wheel.

One final note, Fanatec takes some (probably justified) stick for their customer service. I ordered my wheel on a Tuesday. It was dispatched the following Tuesday (in line with their "immediate
    dispatch" policy) and arrived at my house in the Uk from Germany on the Thursday. 7 days for dispatch and 3 days for delivery. You just have to remember this is a small outfit making a niche product for a small market. I have heard some horror stories but my experience has been fine.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to: